Friday, January 27, 2012

"Childhood living is easy to do"



It's been a week at the end of which a little Gram Parsons is wholly called for, as opposed to all those times when I have said or done something that prompted someone to tell me, "That wasn't called for." I remember once I responded by stating the obvious: "If I waited for someone to call for it, then I would never get to do it." So, Gram's Wild Horses recorded by The Sundays is our late traditio for this late January Friday.

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain/Now you've decided to show me the same/But no sweet, vain exits or offstage lines /Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...