Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Cathedral of the Madeleine Nativity Pageant

Each year prior to the Noon Mass on Christmas day we have the children of the parish who are enrolled in Religious Education in grades K-4 process to our lovely creche located in the Our Lady Chapel, located West of the main altar. It is always one of the joys of my Christmas Day. I process with them and they help me bless the manger scene. So, here is this year's picture, courtesy of our Children's Religious Education Coodinator, without whom my life as a DRE would be nigh unto unmanageable, Cathy Piaz:


This picture makes me beam, like a warm ray of light on a cold day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a delight this post is! The children look so precious and I love the idea of the pageant.

    And of course, I would be remiss to not mention that thanks to blogging and you, I have reconnected with the delightful Cathy, whom I knew in another chapter of both of our lives.

    Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...