Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Sometimes I give myself the creeps"



Basket Case by Green Day is our traditio this Friday. My oldest son and I are there Sunday with Billy Joe and the guys. Heaven help us. It's a bit early, but I'm sleeping in tomorrow, gettin' my slacker back on for the concert!

I like this song: social commentary on how mental illness is treated and issues about judgment- by what criteria do you judge, the shrink, who says it's lack of sex that's bringing you down, or the whore who tells you your life is a bore?

Do you know how to play Jesus of Suburbia?

For the record, Armstrong, Dirnt, and Cool are not much younger than me!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. Enjoy the show. I saw them on their last tour, fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...