Friday, June 4, 2021

Summer is here

Welcome to June. I don't know about where you are, but here it is hot. We're approaching triple digits today. Too hot, too fast!

Me? I am still engrossed in a lot of reading. It is surprisingly (disappointingly?) systematic. Presently, I am just enjoying it and not trying too hard to process it. Kind of letting things lay fallow a bit. This way, I think my appropriation goes deeper.



It's definitely summer. Not that this season means as much to me now as when I was still in school. I actually find it more difficult to go outside when it is super hot than when it is cold. Early mornings are fabulous this time of year. Well, early morning is the best time of day year-round, at least in my book.

Do I have vacation plans? Me? Are you serious? No. Do I need a vacation? Yes. The trouble with vacations is that they bring their own stresses and worries, especially extended ones. I am happy to take some time off to read, hike a little, canoe a bit, watch a few movies, etc.

Okay, now I am thinking about getting away. What better traditio can you think of than The Go-Go's "Vacation"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...