Friday, February 5, 2021

"despondent: in low spirits from loss of hope or courage"

Today my frustration level is through the roof! This is the second day in a row that is the case. Ever have times when it feels like the whole world is against you? Well, I am in the midst of one of those times. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me, right?

Earlier today I had an idea for another nice post on Brother David Steindl-Rast's book on gratefulness. I am not going to write it because I don't feel very grateful today. In other words, I am not very faith-filled, hopeful, or loving. I guess I could be grateful that this, too, shall pass. The only problem is, when things get like this, I am not sure it will pass.



I often wonder if the assault is simply to turn me into a big, ill-tempered bastard. Once that happens, I will have made the required change. In other words, why do I resist? I am not sure resistance is futile. I am sure it is hugely exhausting.

I was a guest on a podcast this week. Hosted by our wonderful principal, Simon McFall, Conversations from Saint Olaf Catholic School is fun way to communicate within our community and beyond. Since this week in Catholic Schools week, our parish school devoted one day, Thursday, to vocations. I was the fill-in guest. Despite my responses not being terribly eloquent, I am posting a link anyway. The episode is "Thursday of Catholic Schools Week." Enjoy!

As far as a our traditio for today, I am reaching way back: The Kinks with "Destroyer."



I'm not going to lie. Today was a very difficult day at the end of a rough week. I am okay, no need to worry. If you can muster it, say a prayer for me. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...