Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Καθολικός διάκονος: 2020 roundup

It's near. The end. Well, at east of the year 2020. A moment for which we've all been waiting: when 2020 truly becomes hindsight! It's a strange year to look back on. In previous years, I have generally exlcuded homilies and Friday traditio posts from consideration for my end-of-the-year best posts. This year, I am not making that exclusion.

Below you will find what I think are my best posts of 2020; one for each month. As always, I would be thrilled for readers to weigh-in concerning what posts from this year they might've liked, appreciated, or found timely. Far and away, the most popular post on Καθολικός διάκονος this year is my homily for the First Sunday of Lent.

On the whole, I think 2020 was good year here on the blog. It's interesting to me how blogging now is considered an "old" and even outmoded medium. Nonetheless, I persist.



January- Epiphany of the Lord

February- Winter, avoiding the extremes while looking for Aslan

March- Year A First Sunday of Lent

April- Wednesday in the Octave of Easter

May- Repentance requires an awareness that you are loved

June- It's past time to do the right thing

July- Year A Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

August- From apologetics to evangelization

September- Diakonia requires kenosis

October- Be more pro-life

November- Hope means investing in the future

December- Dickens, Thomas, Luke: St Stephen's Day mashup

While I started this blog in August 2005, I really did not become a blogger until July of 2006. 19 July 2021 will mark the fifteenth anniversary of Καθολικός διάκονος. Prior to that this blog was called Scott Dodge for Nobody. From 28 August 2005 to 18 July 2006 I only published six posts.

I am not going to lie, it amazes me I have kept at it for this long. I had no idea when I started that I'd still be doing it. How much longer will I continue to blog? Who knows?

In any case, that's a wrap for this strange year. I hope you have a great New Year's celebration. I'll catch both of my readers on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...