Friday, June 18, 2021

"I worry over situations"

I don't know about where you are, but here in the southwestern U.S. it still unseasonably hot. We're having late July temperatures in the middle of June. Last year on 15 June it snowed. Climate change is real. While it should've addressed much sooner, I am glad that the U.S. government is no longer headed by someone who denies climate change. While each of us can play our part, the changes that need to be made are inescapably at the macro level.



It's easy to forget that last year during the worldwide shutdown the environment started showing signs of healing. Predictably, instead of taking a lesson, we couldn't get back to the status quo ante fast enough! Frankly, it's alarming.

I am by predisposition a worrier. I come by it honestly from my Mom and her Dad. Like most adults, I don't sleep enough. It's always been difficult for me to fall asleep unless I am utterly exhausted. This is why, despite wanting to, I virtually never nap. I find it even harder to fall asleep and sleep when it is hot. It appears that it's going to be a long, restless summer.

Last week, instead of a Friday traditio posted my homily for the Eleventh Monday in Ordinary Time. What else might our traditio for the Eleventh Friday in Ordinary Time than Colin Hay's "Overkill"? The Choir Choir version, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...