Friday, February 28, 2014

"My love is vengeance"

Musique de la résistance is our very late Friday traditio: The Who with "Behind Blue Eyes."



This song was written for Pete Townsend's rock opera "Lifehouse," a follow-up to "Tommy." "Lifehouse" was never produced. Our traditio song was written from the point-of-view of "Jumbo," who is the villan of the story and controls The Grid, which is a cyber world somewhat akin to that in the Matrix. Jumbo is angst-ridden due to all the pressure of controlling The Grid. "Behind Blue Eyes" was written as his theme song.

Besides, despite my homily last Sunday, there's a shade of how I feel at present about various things. So, music to salve my wound a bit.



When my fist clenches, crack it open
Before I use it and lose my cool
When I smile, tell me some bad news
Before I laugh and act like a fool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of Holy Week

Readings: Isaiah 42:1-7; Psalm 27:1-3.13-14; John 12:1-11 Being nine months to the day before Christmas, normally today we would mark the...