Thursday, December 26, 2013

Καθολικός διάκονος end of the year round-up

I have to be honest, 2013, as exciting as it has been in many ways, is a year I am not sad to see end. I understand all the problems with the calendar, the way way we mark time, but a 365-day year (366 every fourth year) is the way I am accustomed to framing time. Plus, I am always looking for a new beginning.

Below are 12 posts for this past year, one for each month, that I thought worth passing along towards the end of the year. I have no developed method for determining these, apart from looking back over the year, scrolling through, and thinking, "Yes, worth drawing attention to!" I never include homilies and I am disinclined to choose the really popular posts, or those few that are picked for publication elsewhere. I figure all of those pieces have received (perhaps more than) their due.

I am interested in hearing from one or both of my readers as to which post, or posts, that appeared here on Καθολικός διάκονος that stand out for you at the end of the year.

December- "Making distinctions, discerning the true from the false"

November- "On Guy Fawkes Day and being a revolutionary"

October- "Jesus did cast out demons"

September- "Moralistic political theater"

August- "Who will liberate me from myself?"

July- "'Homo curvatus in se' - attempt at skimming the surface"

June- "Marriage: seeking to ecclesially clarify"

May- "All Who Do Evil Are Redeemed- Christians Included"

April- "Saints are theologians par excellence"

March- "Papa Francesco calls on the Church to emerge"

February- "May we ever obey thy godly motions"

January- "On marriage: refuting a stupid argument"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...