Thursday, October 20, 2011

"One more song about movin' along the highway"

Sunday marks three months since the sudden passing of Amy Winehouse. So, in keeping a kind of kaddish for her here at Καθολικός διάκονος, our traditio for this Friday, which I'm posting a few hours early, is Carol King, one of Amy's favorite artists singing her favorite song, So Far Away:


I sure hope the road don't come to own me
There are so many dreams I have yet to find


"He Who makes peace in His heights, may He make peace upon us and upon all Israel. Amen."

(Yes, that is the band Franz Ferdinand at about 2:58 waiting their turn and listening intently)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...