Friday, November 5, 2010

"Love is a burning thing.."

Language Warning- one word in the middle of the song


"... and it makes a fiery ring/Bound by wild desire." Somehow I think Johnny would approve. One of my parents' very first dates my Dad took my Mom to see Johnny Cash. To this day my Mom, who was not impressed, says, still with a little disgust in her voice, "I don't know who was more drunk, your Dad or Johnny Cash." Anyway, that was a long time ago and we all got here somehow. It's very earthy, but it is cool that our existence is the result of desire, both human and divine: "For our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29). Hence, Social Distortion singing Ring of Fire is our Friday traditio.

Since November is the month during which we commemorate our beloved dead, our Friday traditio will be kick ass covers of the songs of our beloved musical dead.

All holy men and women, pray for us

1 comment:

Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent

Readings: Daniel 13:1-9.15-1719-30.33-62; Psalm 23:1-6; John 8:1-11 Whenever I hear Jesus’ encounter with the woman caught in adultery, m...