Friday, April 29, 2016

"Like a bird without a song"

April has not been a bumper month here at Καθολικός διάκονος, but that's okay. When it comes to writing, at least for me, sometimes you have to let things lay fallow for a bit. I can't bring myself to write about the campaign for president. I just don't have the heart to do it. How did we become so heartless and soulless?



So far 2016 is has been a strange year. There's been a lot to absorb, to synthesize, to assimilate or reject. I don't mind saying that I'm still a bit blown away by Prince's passing. Just today, during my Friday morning music round-up, I ran across Chris Cornell, who was with Soundgarden and Audioslave, covering Prince's song, which was made a hit by Sinéad O'Connor, "Nothing Compares 2 U." That makes it our Friday traditio.



Given the kind of blog this is, it bears noting that Cornell is a convert to Orthodox Christianity. On that note, I pray all my Orthodox friends and readers a blessed Good Friday today. Maybe that's the reason for striking a somber note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...