Friday, August 8, 2014

"Oh your mouth is poison, your mouth is wine"

What a world we live in. Each day I really find it more and more unbelievable and very disheartening. But I will spare myself and everyone else this morning.



In the face of everything, I realize this probably doesn't even rise to the level of trivial, but The Civil Wars, true to their name, announced they were breaking up this week. They were our Friday traditio just a little while ago, but I think their song "Poison and Wine" is a fine traditio for this week.



I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back
The less I give the more I get back
Oh your hands can heal, your hands can bruise
I don't have a choice but I'd still choose you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...