Friday, September 30, 2011

"offer me solutions, offer me alternatives, and I decline"


Shortly before his premature demise Kurt Cobain said that REM handled fame and fortune like saints. I think he was pretty close to the truth. In an article for MTV online Gil Kaufman dicusses Stipe's relationship with Cobain.

All I can write is thanks Michael, Peter, Mike, and, yes, Bill, who retired some years back after surviving and bouncing back from a brain aneurysm, for 31 years of music that still, even in middle age, says something to me about my life. Logically, "The End of the World (As We Know It)" is our Friday traditio this week.

"Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle,
light a motive. Step down, step down. Watch a heel crush, crush. Uh oh,
this means no fear - cavalier. Renegade and steer clear! A tournament,
a tournament, a tournament of lies...it's time I had some time alone... and I feel fine!"


While I am on the subject of time alone, I am on retreat with my brother deacons beginning this afternoon through Sunday. So, things here will be quiet. Please pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...