Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pope John Paul II 32 years on

From not in way too long, to twice in a week- a deep diaconal bow to Rocco over at Whispers for reminding me that it was 32 years ago today that the world received a great surprise, a shock, a great gift, Karol Cardinal Wojtyla became Pope John Paul II. The Lord's way of saying yet again, "Behold, I do something new!" (Isa. 43:19)

Thanks, too, to Rocco for linking to this lovely video.


I could never even come close to adequately expressing how I feel about Pope John Paul II, the great affection I have for him. Papa Wojtyla, pray for us.

Totus Tuus

1 comment:

  1. He was and is a True Visionary...

    A True Shephard...

    Sadly, his teachings are still just now being known by us...

    ReplyDelete

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...