Thursday, November 19, 2015

"Are you ready should the Savior come today?"

I have a Friday traditio on tap for tomorrow. But given that we're headed towards the great Solemnity Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, which is the Church's annual looking forward to the end of time, my thoughts grow a little apocalyptic. I think apocalyptically in what I hope is the best possible sense- awaiting the unveiling- Maranatha!- I have something a bit earlier.



I think the worldwide epidemic of evil we seem to be experiencing at present is proof that the king of this world is making hay while the sun shines, having a "hay"-day, so to speak. But Christ, the true and only King, will come again to usher in His glorious reign and claim His Bride.

Religious crazy talk? Clearly I don't think it is.

Rather than the nihilistic anthem "Imagine" (it would be difficult for me to conceive of a more truly depressing song), I'd love to have heard this play on a Parisian street corner early last Saturday morning. Brothers Glenn and Darrell, take it away!



It's impossible for me to ponder Christ's return without my thoughts turning to Matthew 25:31-46, where Jesus says: "Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me." This seems more than a little relevant right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...