Friday, January 31, 2014

"I am surrounded by mercy and grace"

Twila Paris' Sanctuary album is one of those albums that has meant a lot to me over many years.

It's easy to complain about everything that's wrong with..., well, anything and everything. Twila Paris is one of those artists who personifies what is right with contemporary Christian music and  she has done this for decades.



This particular Friday, the last day of January, which has to be one of my least favorite months of the year, I want to let a bit of my charismatic side out. To that end, our Friday tradio is Twila singing "The Joy of the Lord." If He is not your joy, He should be. Jesus told His disciples, "'As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete" (John 15:9-11):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...