Friday, November 12, 2010

"Love is like a cloud that pours a lot of rain"


Joanie Jett covers the late, great Gram Parsons classic Love Hurts. I turned 45 yesterday and "I've really learnt a lot...love is like a flame that burns you when it's hot." I checked, especially on my birthday with St. Martin of Tours, and since last week, now, and forever "our God is a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29). This strikes me as a great traditio for a November Friday. Our Friday music this month is songs by our rock n' roll dead covered by the living.

Love Hurts is one of my favorite songs, but a version I really don't like is the popular one by the Scottish group Nazareth.

All holy men and women, pray for us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...