Monday, February 18, 2008

President's Day presidential IAT

Okay, you might feel like you have a good hack on who you support for president this year. It is time to engage your brain. So, I give the link to Harvard University's Implicit Association Test. The IAT is designed to show you your unconscious political biases. In the test you are asked to asscociate pictures with words, both positive words such as Friend and Love, as well as negative words, like Enemy and Hate. The basic theory is that the faster you associate the candidate with the positive word, the more strongly you feel about the candidate and vice-versa. The IAT does not pretend to tell you for whom to vote, but it gives a ranked ordering as to which candidate you feel best about and the candidate about whom you feel the most negative.

It is reminiscent of My Personal DNA.

2 comments:

  1. I've taken other tests for the same thing and the results continue to surprise me. I look forward to taking this one. It sounds quite different from the others.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was certainly unique. I'm getting less surprised by my test results though, even though they have changed a bit as far as which candidate I apparently feel best about.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...