Friday, January 11, 2013

Snowy Friday

This New Year of 2013 is off to a slow start here on Καθολικός διάκονος. This is due exclusively to the fact that your humble deacon has been busy, which has the added benefit of keeping me out of trouble. What has kept me busy is my participation in the 2013 Cathedral Ministries Conference, which was hosted by The Cathedral of the Madeleine under the leadership and oversight of our Rector, Msgr. Joseph Mayo.

Looking up State Street to the Utah State Capitol on a snowy day in 1925


I gave two workshops: Everything you wanted to know about Mormonism... but were afraid to ask and Fully Implementing RCIA. While I am certainly not the best judge, I felt both presentations went well. So, at least I feel like my efforts were worth it.

It is a snowy day here along the Wasatch Front, by snowy I mean more than 2 feet of accumulated snow overnight at our house, which is on the bench. Because of the snowfall here and the fact that it's still the season of Christmas, 'til Sunday, the "Snow Song" from the movie the 1954 movie White Christmas, featuring Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Danny Kaye, and Vera-Ellen seems utterly fitting today as our traditio. I am very glad that I had already scheduled today to be off work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Triduum- Holy Thursday

Christ Washing the Disciples' Feet , by Jacopo Tintoretto (1519-1594) “Unless I wash you, you will have no inheritance with me.” ( ...