Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fr. Thomas Dominic Kraft, Order of Preachers Friars

I had multiple phone calls today informing me of the death of Fr. Tom Kraft. Below is a post from him his website:


Dearest family and friends of Fr. Tom:

It is with deep sadness and sorrow that I write this final installation of updates on Fr. Tom for this website. I cannot even begin to express the grief that I feel, let alone the grief that his family is enduring. The tears that flow from my eyes are difficult to bear as is the burden of the pain that weighs down heavily upon me. I can sense yours as well. Know that Fr. Tom is with us to give solace and comfort. Also know that every ounce of strength left in me will be expended in prayer on your behalf.

Let us grieve and celebrate the life of our dearly beloved friend and priest. Please join me and the Dominican community next week for the following services at Blessed Sacrament Church:

Vigil Service (Office of the Dead and the Rosary) Tuesday, January 27 at 7:00 PM

Funeral Mass Wednesday, January 28 at 10:00 AM

Blessed Sacrament Church 5041 9th Avenue NE Seattle, WA 98105

I remain always yours in Christ,

Jesson

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Scott. I recall a post where you said he had been such a big influence on you. May he enjoy the absolute glory of heaven and may his friends grieve in healthy ways and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I have no doubt, none whatsoever, that we have another saint in heaven. He was one of those people who was too good to be true.

    This falls closely on the heels of the death of my uncle Dale last week. So far, a pretty devastating year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deacon Scott,

    I, too, am so sorry for you, as I know how much you love Fr. Tom. We all love him. This weekend, one of the Dominicans saw me crying at St. Albert's and asked, "Are you crying for Tom?" As I nodded through my tears, he simply said to me, "Tom is the last person you should be crying for." It was a nice reminder. Our beloved Fr. Tom has finally gazed at the face of our Lord and is basking in His Light and Love. Hugs!

    PS. I can't figure out how to privately email this to you, but I was blessed to say good-bye to Fr. Tom on Wednesday, the day before he died. In my grief, I haphazardly wrote about it here: http://laroosh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Triduum- Good Friday

The Crucifixion , by Giotto (b. 1267 or 1277 - d. 1337 CE). Part of a cycle of frescoes showing the life of the Virgin Mary and Jesus Chris...